Article 34, Limitation period for the imposition of penalties.
1. The powers conferred on the Commission by Article 33 shall be subject to the following limitation periods:
(a) two years in the case of infringements of provisions concerning requests of information pursuant to Article 25;
(b) two years in the case of infringements of provisions concerning information obligation pursuant to Article 25(7) and Article 26(3);
(c) three years in the case infringements of provisions concerning the obligation to prioritise the production of crisis-relevant products pursuant to Article 26.
2. The limitation periods referred to in paragraph 1 shall begin to run on the day on which the infringement is committed. Where there are continuous or repeated infringements, the limitation periods shall begin to run on the day on which the last infringement was committed.
3. Any action taken by the Commission or the competent authorities of the Member States for the purpose of ensuring compliance with this Regulation shall interrupt the limitation period.
4. The interruption of the limitation period shall apply for all the parties which are held responsible for the participation in the infringement.
5. Each interruption shall start the time running afresh. However, the limitation period shall expire at the latest on the day on which a period equal to twice the limitation period has elapsed without the Commission having imposed a fine or a periodic penalty payment. That period shall be extended by the time during which the limitation period is suspended because the decision of the Commission is the subject of proceedings pending before the Court of Justice.